B. Tech – Computer Science & Engineering – (IOT) is 4 years , 8 semesters Undergraduate programme, imparting knowledge of advanced innovations of Internet of things. The Internet of things (IoT) could also be a system of interrelated computing devices, mechanical and digital machines given unique identifiers (UIDs) and thus the power to transfer data over a network without requiring human-to-human or human-to-computer interaction. There are more connected devices in the world today than humans. These devices, commonly referred to as the web of Things (IoT), are available infinite forms, from smart building technologies, which monitor and manage energy usage, to connected vehicles, which help anticipate and avoid potential collisions.
The main enabling factor of this promising paradigm is the integration of several technologies and communications solutions. Identifications and tracking technologies, wired and wireless sensor, enhanced communication protocols shared with next generation internet and distributed intelligence for smart objects are most relevant.
IoT shall be able to incorporate transparently a large no of heterogeneous end systems, it provide open access to subsets of data for the development of digital service.
COURSE JOB SCOPE
- It is expected that spending on IoT will reach $772 Billion by 2018 resulting in stratospheric development of IoT.
- It is estimated that by 2020, there will be up to 21 billion devices across the globe connected with ‘Internet of Things’.
- By 2020, the amount of IoT devices is projected to exceed 20 billion, fueled by continued technological advances and therefore the plummeting costs of computing, storage and connectivity.
- Forecasts by the International Data Corporation (IDC) predict that IoT spending will increase by a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 13.6% from 2017 to 2022, reaching $1.2 trillion within the next four years.
- Whereas current IoT spending is dominated by the manufacturing sector with an estimated $189 billion in spending projected for 2018, spending in transportation, utilities and cross-industry applications continues to edge up.
- International Data Corporation (IDC) estimates that there’ll be 41.6 billion connected IoT devices, or “things,” generating 79.4 zeta bytes of knowledge in 2025.
- By 2025, the number of IoT devices is projected to exceed 40 billion, fuelled by continued technological advances and the plummeting costs of computing, storage and connectivity. As IoT technologies continue to spread to all aspects of daily life,
- An analysis by the planet Economic Forum, in partnership with IoT-Analytics GmbH, found that an estimated 84% of IoT deployments are currently addressing, or have the potential to advance, the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
- IOT in manufacturing market to exceed $ 150 Billion by 2024 – Source : Global Market insight
- Smart applications sub domain includes smart city, smart home, smart suppliers and logistics, smart transportations, smart industry, smart vehicles, smart control system, smart energy etc.
COURSE JOB ROLES
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES IN IOT
- Data analytics
- Network and structures
- Device , hardware and actuators
- Professions in sensors
- Embedded programming engineering
- Software programming engineering
B.Tech in Computer Science in IOT grants firm establishment in software engineering remote correspondence and PC systems. The program means to prepare students with efficient expert information and solid functional abilities in the fields of PC innovation interchanges systems and IT that gives a wide scope of uses in the Internet of Things.
Scientists stated that within a couple of years from now, an incredible 20.4 billion Internet of Things (IoT) gadgets will be associated. This flood in the quantity of IoT gadgets being used will convert into an increment in the quantity of IoT occupations. Obviously, a vocation in IoT can pay well on account of the rising interest. Besides, IoT has enormous potential and is expected to develop across businesses in assembling, automotive, transportation and coordinations. IoT is set to turn into a significant separation in driving the up and coming age of administrations and items.